Our daughter, Nadezhda, was diagnosed in May 2010 with Dravet Syndrome at age 3. It is a rare and severe form of epilepsy. This blog is for updates on our lives, our thoughts, and feelings. Everyone needs a voice, and here, ours may be heard.
Also, while epilepsy is often misunderstood, Dravet Syndrome is altogether unheard of. We would like to be informative about Dravet Syndrome and supportive for others dealing with similar circumstances.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

School Again!

Dezh is so happy to be back in school.  She started on Monday and kept saying "Excited" on our drive to school.  She LOVES school.  I am really grateful that she does.  I LOVE school too.  I know she is pretty safe there and I can mentally rest fairly easily.  It gives me a physical and mental break to get refreshed and I love that.
Her second day of school.... an accident.... of course.  I got a call from the school nurse, and naturally I assumed she was having a seizure so I started sweating immediately.  But it turns out she was running around the class room all crazy-like and she fell, hitting her forehead on the desk.  Then she stood up and smacked her cheek on the table.  She has a tiny bruise on her forehead and a mammoth, quarter-sized bruise on her cheek.  Poor kid.  Can she catch a break?  She seems ok though and today her bruise is much lighter than it was on Tuesday.

a pic from the summer at a zoo

1 comment:

  1. She is such a beautiful little girl! I'm so glad she's back in school since she loves it so much. I'm sure it's a good thing for her. And I love that YOU have somewhere you feel you can trust enough to get a mental break. I know you worry about her all the time and that has got to be really exhausting. Dezh is so lucky to have good parents like you and Curtis.

    ReplyDelete